Thursday, June 6, 2013

Testing the waters...

As many of you know I had a dilemma a while ago trying to decide if I wanted to pursue my love and passion for makeup artistry (click here to read) and I decided to go for it! I have been practicing my make up skills, learning various techniques, and doing lots of research. But it would not be at all possible if it weren't for my Partners in Pretty...especially my coach/mentor Shana Janelle. She answers what I feel are silly questions...and if she feels its something I need to figure out on my own...she points me in the right direction and says "Go find the answer yourself!" She won't always hand me what I want or need on a silver platter and for that I am truly grateful!

Recently Shana asked me to come along and assist her with a bridal party. She told me to bring my brushes as she may need me to do some light work. Boy was I in for a ride! She threw me to the sharks and I had to sink or swim. Needless to say I didn't want to let her down or embarrass myself. It was crunch time and I had to do this! Luckily there was a game plan which helped me to not be so nervous...but I still had butterflies. Ok they were more like huge waves that made me sea sick and light headed lol. But I jumped right in and went to work. I followed Shana with what she did and was able to get the job done. The clients were very nice and made my first makeup experience comfortable. (I'm sad I didn't get any pictures.) 

I assume I did a good job because Shana asked me to come assist her on another gig this past weekend. This time I was a little less nervous and was more comfortable with my application. And again the party was very energetic and made it a really easy going experience. 


I have signed up for my very first makeup class this coming Sunday and I'm super excited to learn as much as I can (I will post that experience next week). I hope to be as good as my mentor one day as she has inspired me to jump into this thing without a life-vest on. I will update you all as I embark on this new journey...I know it won't be easy but I have to build my confidence and keep telling myself...I CAN DO THIS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment